CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day at the Movies

We love movies around here. Doug and I used to go to movies ALL the time when we were dating. We saw so many. After we were married we still went a lot although it was less. After Abi was born it became a kind of a thing of the past. I saw X-men 3 with my mom when Abi was about 5-6 months old and Cars with Doug when she was a little older than that and those were pretty much it. Doug and I have gone to movies without Abi a couple of times. My mom and I took her to see Meet the Robinsons last summer.... anyway, my point is that movies have become a kind of luxury that we don't get very often anymore. Then the summer came. I found out through our friend Heather about a summer movie program at our movie theater here. They play older movies every day M-Th for only $1 each. Abi and I have gone to The Bee movie, Shrek 3, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and today we went to Open Season. It's been really fun because Abi LOVES it. On days we don't go she asks if we can go to the movies. I am really excited that this will be something we can do together as she gets older. So, here she is today waiting for the movie to start with her homemade popcorn and bottle of water (yes, we are those people that bring stuff with us!)

0 comments: