I am grateful for good books, my ability to read them, a daughter and husband who understand that when mommy finds a new book I will be camped out for a few hours each weekend day reading it and are cool with that.
Recently (as seen in an earlier post) I discovered the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. I really like these books. They are so much fun to read. I just read the second one. Doug came home Friday afternoon and said 'why don't you go buy the second one.' and proceeded to tell me that he had gone to Target to get it for me but they didn't have it. I thought this was so sweet. So, Abi and I headed up to Racine to Barnes and Noble and got my $7 purchase that entertained me all weekend.
Sometimes I ponder why I love reading so much. I daydream a lot and then when I fall asleep I continue dreams about whatever I want. I usually end up winning the lottery or meeting some famous rich person who wants to bestow many wonderful things upon me.
The most common dreams are ones where I somehow get the money I need to be able to take Abi to Disneyworld for her 4th birthday (yes, I'm planning it this far in advance.. and I've already been planning it for a year! I've told you I'm an obsessive planner. It's how I roll.) My most recent ones have included not only getting the money I need for the trip but also a shopping spree at Barnes and Noble. Yes, that's right. In my dreams I can have anything I want and I want a trip to Disney world and a lot of books. Does this make me a wierd girl? I don't care about shoes. I like clothes but I don't care about expensive brands. I am not a jewelry girl at all. Seriously, if Doug came home with two boxes and one held some amazing diamond bracelet or ring and the other held a book- no contest! Strange.
Anyway, I just went way off topic. Back to Fablehaven. If you haven't read it- do it!! It's a good one for young adults and families. I will read it aloud with Abi eventually for sure.
So, there you go. I am grateful that I can open a book and enter magical places that feel so real, meet people who seem to really live, and never get sick of it!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















0 comments:
Post a Comment