2)My pioneer ancestors like:
C.C.A Christensen - He was the painter of the mormon panorama and you've probably seen his paintings in church buildings. I've usually had one in each of my utah wards and there was one in our seminary building. He also did a lot of the painting in the Manti temple.

and
3. Benjamin Franklin Shepherd: I couldn't find a picture of him but he was a pretty handsome fella. He is one of my favorite ancestors. He is from my dad's side. He once saved a bunch of kids on Utah lake in a storm by breaking a chain rope with his bare hands to free a boat that he used to go rescue them. He lived in the time of polygymy but did not take part in it. His wife and he were so much in love and so devoted to one another that when he died she never married again and was a widow for 28 years. I think their love story was very unusual for the time.
4) Rides with the family that we would take between runs/parade and fireworks. We would usually end up in the Mountains... sometimes in Heber where we would eat at the train (where mom and dad are right now!)

5)Watching the Pioneer Day Parade downtown- especially the time that I camped out with Brent and Karen and the sprinklers got us.

6)My first time in Nauvoo with Doug and Abi two years ago when we first moved out here. It was so cool and it was fun to go with someone who had lived there for a semester (Doug) so he could give me insider information. We didn't spend too much time but we had a lot of fun.


9)Joseph Smith- an amazing man whom I am still learning about. I have a lot to learn. He is one person I never really studied which seems strange doesn't it?
I would love to see the movie that they play in SLC and Nauvoo about him again. And I would really love to see the movie that is out right now about Emma.
10)Fireworks! I used to love going to see them!!!
11)How much I miss Utah... how much I took Utah for granted while I was there....
12)How blessed I am that these pioneers gave up so much for their faith and how that has blessed my life all these years later.
13)I am so grateful today that although I may be disliked for my faith, misunderstood, and maybe even shunned that I can live where I want and not in fear, that I can drive 15 minutes to church and find others that believe in the same things that I do. That even though we are so far away from family and I grow more homesick every day we have made really great and lasting friendships here.
HAPPY PIONEER DAY!!!

















2 comments:
Alex is going on Trek. That's where kids 14 and up go on some portion of the pioneer trek. He is doing it in Wyoming. He has chosen CCA Christensen as his pioneer name. I think that is so cool!
Wow. I always wanted to do one of those. They didn't do it in our area when I was that age. That is cool.
Post a Comment