I have a very diverse interest in music going from instrumental (Yanni) to rock like 30 Seconds to Mars. My favorite music to listen to tends to lean toward the alternative rock to classic rock areas. My favorites are definately The Hush Sound right now. But today I want to focus on William Joseph. I first learned about him at Women's Conference at BYU. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the concert because I don't tend to get into LDS musicians. I don't know why- it's just not usually very upbeat. I was really tired (didn't know I was pregnant with Abi yet) and hungry. Mom and I grabbed some yogurt shakes and went in. Most of the music was okay but like I said, not my thing. But then they announce William Joseph. He comes out to play on a piano. I didn't immediately think it would be exciting either but I do love piano music (see my love of Yanni!) so I perked up. Then he asks if any of us like rock music. What? He proceeds to play this amazing rendition of KASHMIR!! I couldn't believe it. His music was amazing! So, the next week I went right out and bought his CD which is still one of my favorites. I just recently found out that he has a new CD out and I found this video of him performing on Dr. Phil.
I wanted to share this with everyone who knows and loves this guy and everyone who has never heard of him. Watch this video and be amazed at how fast his hands move! I am thankful for people that have amazing musical talent - I am severely lacking and love to see it in others. I know that ,for me, music is one of the fastest ways to feel something- whether that be the spirit or just another emotion like happiness or sadness. So, watch this and enjoy!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















0 comments:
Post a Comment