This morning started early. Abi woke up at 4:30 so excited for school. I went in with her and we snuggled for a while and then I decided to let her come downstairs and watch cartoons while I got ready.
She wanted blueberry muffins for breakfast. While they were cooking I put together her lunch. I have decided that I will do normal lunches every day except on special days when I will try to make it more fun.
I haven't had to pack a lunch for her before so I gave her a little more than she will probably eat just in case...
I went with an apple/red and green theme. The sandwich is supposed to be an apple.
Her lunch and snack all packed up and ready to go!
She was so excited!
She decorated Hippo with some of the ribbons from last night. She wanted to take Hippo with her so I told her she could bring her in the car and leave her in the booster seat to keep it 'warm' for her.
Her original first day outfit was too warm for today. It was a hot and very humid morning. So, we went with the same skirt, shoes, and hair bow but she wore a different shirt and socks. I tried to get front porch pictures but the sun was right in her eyes so we had to go inside for the rest of them.
She was very proud of her backpack...
Our little kindergartener....
I also got some pictures at the school. I love the school theme that they have everywhere...
"Let the Spark of Learning Grow"
"Let the Spark of Learning Grow"
Her class and her substitute teacher Mrs. Ferguson...
This rug is in the lobby...
Did I cry? Yeah. But I had to rush off after saying goodbye to her and getting her settled to meet some friends at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It was such a nice distraction!

















6 comments:
What a big girl! Tell her we are proud of her and we love her!
Adorable pretty little girl on her first day of school!! I loved her outfit...and am so glad she loved her backpack...and her teacher and first day of school!
She is glowing with excitement! She looks adorable and I am dying to hear how the day went, for you and for her. I didn't even see you take a pic of Maddy at breakfast. I should have had the server snap one of all of us but I rarely take the camera out to have pictures taken of myself. I am glad we went though and we should do it once a month.
She looks so happy and excited! Just how you want them to look their first day. I'm glad she and Emma found each other and played at recess. How fun to find a friend already. Breakfast was great - I agree about the once a month thing! :-) I think Abi will really like the school though. They do lots of fun things and really try to engage the kids.
Abi looks very happy to start this new adventure. I know she'll do great! Good luck to her (and you...wink)! The lunch you made is very cute. I wish I had the motivation to do stuff like that. We are usually in such a mad dash each morning especially now that the bus comes at 6:35 (the bus driver actually came at 6:30 yesterday morning....aaaagh!).
Ooh, I love all of your back to school ideas and what a fun lunch! Yay...Looks good around here! Thanks for adding my button! Looking forward to another great FP celebration! I'm adding you to my blogroll on my sidebar! - jocelyn
Post a Comment