CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Day at the Beach

Yesterday I woke up cranky. I don't know about everyone but , for me, when I am cranky Abi is overly naughty. So, instead of staying indoors and getting grumpier all day we headed out early to the library and then the beach. It was wonderful getting out in the sun and just relaxing with a magazine while she dug in the sand and we listened to the gulls and the little crashing waves. I felt much better after. Here is Abi when we first arrived:

And after only a few minutes there:

Already covered in sand, she is thinking "How can I get sandier?" "Sandier?" You ask. "Oh, yes. It is possible."

"Maybe if I just dump some sand on my foot...."

"And throw some over my shoulder onto my back..."
\
"Ah heck... why don't I just lie down in the sand. That will do the job."

So, as we were preparing to leave I tried to coax her down into the water. Abi has always had a fear of water (except for the bathtub) and she wouldn't budge. Then I turned around to get a plastic bag to throw away and when I turned back she was inching down to the water all by herself. I was so excited! I hurried to turn on the camera but just as I was about to take the picture, the water came a few inches from her toes and this happened:

I finally got her to go back down a bit so I could get this shot:

We had to play on the toys a bit before we left.

And possibly one of my favorite photos ever:

2 comments:

Willis Family

How cute and fun!!! What beach were you at? Ben and I can never find someplace to go like that. Nexttime you "have a bad day" and go to the beach, let me know :) I'll have a bad day with you...trust me, I can talk myself into one :)
Too cute! love the dress and shoes you made too! You're so talented!!!

Cheryl

I'll do that!! I'll tell you how to get there next time I see you.