Last week we took a week off from school activities. Friday we decided we needed to do something. So, we made caramel apples. I couldn't figure out why the caramel was chunky and burning but it just wasn't getting much better. Finally we dunked the apples in it and dipped them in sprinkles. Abi was so excited to eat one until she realized (after that first attempted bite) that it was impossible to bite through the apparently bulletproof shell.
So, we cut them in half (even hard with a knife) and ate just the apple.
Here are some pictures from prep..
And one of the incredible non edible apples....
And yes, I did figure out later that I forgot to add the milk. Oops.
A side note: Abi's outfit... I had to get some pictures of the pumpkin shirt, pajama shorts, and baby hat. Too funny.

















1 comments:
Oh bummer! We actually made the opposite mistake once and added too much milk (followed the dip recipe on the back) so the caramel just ran right off our apples no matter how many times we dipped them. Guess it gives you a good excuse to do caramel apples one more time this Fall.
Post a Comment