Julie asked, "What is your proudest creative achievement? I think you do lots of creative stuff and I am wondering what you have been most excited about? Favorite cake, idea, craft, party, event, etc..." Also, "Besides Motherhood, what would be your dream job?"
My favorite cake I have made so far was Abi's little Einsteins cake. You can see it here. She was so excited about it and I thought it turned out really cute.
My favorite idea ... I have two. First, my Little Women personal progress program that I invented and have been working on for the last month so I can try to sell it here pretty soon... and also using the Disney movie nights to get Abi potty trained. It worked like a charm and serves a double purpose to familiarize her with all the Disney characters. Plus, we all really enjoy it so it has turned into something we all look forward to. My parents are even doing it with us- they watch the same movie each Sunday.
My favorite craft... another toughie. I like the nativity play set I'm making right now even though I thought it would be done in a day and I'm now on day 6. (I am making four though.) I LOVE the advent tree I made after seeing a really expensive one in Pottery Barn. You can see that here.
My other favorites have been the clothes I've been sewing recently and the Molly Monkey I did last year. See that here.
My favorite party was probably the Little Ladies Luncheon Abi had a few years ago for Valentines day. You can see that here.
I really have a lot of fun creating. Whether it is sewing something, scrapbooking, throwing a party, or doing a tradition I am just happier when we celebrate... so creating things keeps me sane.
Onto the second part of that question:
For as long as I can remember I wanted to be an author. I have written a few books that are really dumb so they sit in a drawer in my room. I have a few partly written stories that I really love but can't seem to find the creativity to finish. I had a teacher once tell me she expected to see my name in lights someday because of my writing when I was in fourth grade, but somewhere along the way I have let the talent slip away. It really is true that you lose it when you don't use it. So, I have been trying to ease my way back into it for a while now... we'll see if that ever happens. I always thought I would be a published author as a career.
Besides that and mommyhood... I would have loved to be Steve Irwin's assistant (the Crocodile Hunter), Jeff Corwin's assistant (another animal show guy!), a dolphin trainer, or a professional traveler.
Julie, I was trying to think of another question to ask you but I've asked you so many I'm afraid you might be sick of it. So, I will just end this here. THanks for playing along!

















3 comments:
I remember reading about all of those creative projects and those are some of my favorites that you have done, too. I am still super jealous of your advent calendar, and I thought that monkey was the cutest thing ever.
As for the writing thing, I know what you mean about letting talents slip. I feel like my writing needs A LOT of work, and wish I had been more diligent at exercising and developing it through the years. I am impressed that you have written BOOKS though. WOW! I would love to do that, but I don't think I have a knack for fiction writing...makes it hard to be a writer. We should find a writing class over at the college and sign up...get the creative juices flowing again.
I could also totally see you working with animals. Those sound like such fun and rewarding career choices...but being a mommy is better. Still though, maybe someday?
Thanks for answering!
Good idea on the class Julie! I loved my Creative Writing classes back in school. I still have a lot of the things I wrote and there are some that I look back at and think, " I wrote that?" because I know I couldn't do it now.
I did a correspondence school for writing as well but that was soooo long ago.
My books stink so don't be too impressed. I wrote one when I was 18-19 and the other at about 23. They are very juvenile and silly and just dumb.. but for some reason I just can't get rid of them. I have about twenty books started and only 2 that I really love. One of those I don't think will ever become anything but the other has possibilities. Last year I read what I had to my mom and she said she wanted more... but I just can't ever seem to sit down and do it.
I think you are an amazing writer. You really have a way with words so I would love to see what you could create with your talent.
Love learning new stuff about you. I think I started reading your blog after your question/answer series. I remember when Julie posted all her answers. It's fun to read new things about people. You are such a creative person. Why didn't I know this about you until I started visiting your blog?
Post a Comment