CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

birthdays and holidays

This week we celebrated Doug's birthday. I decided that day would be a good day to get out the Halloween decorations as well.
It was so much fun to surprise Doug with a few little gifts... small but fun.



He was very excited to also get a package from his parents that day...

Instead of cake, he asked for apple pie..

Some of my favorite decorations this year...
I used Abi's broom that we got in Salem last year for her costume as a decoration... I hung it up and then attached the cute little spider...

That morning I was looking at the silhouettes I did of the girls and thinking that silhouettes can fit in with the Halloween decor. I thought it would be fun to make some Halloween ones- and then remembered we had some black frames in the basement. So, I set to work making this Frankenstein and witch...

ghost..


and my favorites- the vampire and cat. I also used some of my books as decor this year..


I put out Abi's witch costume to play with and she quickly put it on!
Then Abi and I made this countdown to Halloween streamer.


I put some new Halloween dvd's, books, and activities in a bag along with all of our old Halloween dvd's and books and each day I hide one for her to find when she takes the link off the chain.
The first day she got something new-- the Busytown halloween.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie

The Halloween silouhettes were a great idea. They came out really cute. Hooray for Halloween.

Happy Birthday Doug!!!

Jen

Happy Birthday, Doug! Hope you had fun on your special day.

Love all the Halloween decorations.

The Kings

So glad Doug had such a nice birthday! And I am glad you got it all Halloweenish, too! What a party! The silhouettes are adorable...what a creative idea! I am glad you like to make holidays so much fun,too!!!

Donna

Great decorations!
I like the girls' sparkly pumpkin shirts. Not too long ago I had the same shirt but mine had longsleeves. It was fun to wear on Halloween. I bought it in the girls' section at Target!