
Day 13: Service
On this day, Christ's body lies in the tomb guarded by His enemies. His family and followers mourn. Yet his spirit visits the righteous in the spirit world.
Please read D&C 138:11-24 of his visit to the spirit world, his service even after his great sacrifice, and his love for us.
President Hinckley said:
"Generally speaking the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service or others.... By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves. Sadly, many of us use our lives as if they were our own. It is true that ours is the choice to waste our lives if we wish. But that becomes a betrayal of a great and sacred trust." ("Whosoever Will Save His Life", Ensign Aug 1982)
Am I willing to serve others when I see a need?
Do I ask the Lord what He would have me do?

















0 comments:
Post a Comment