CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Glasses check up

Abi had her follow up appointment with the eye doctor on Monday. I had a lot of questions for the doctor after talking to someone I know that has a son with the same eye condition. Her son is doing vision therapy and has already seen improvement. I wanted to ask her about that and make sure that Abi's prescription was correct because she has kept saying that she can't see things when her glasses are on.
The doctor was pretty much on edge right from the start and kind of rude. She kept telling Abi, "Oh you can see it." That was annoying. Basically she said that Abi needs to wear them all the time and that once she is used to them she will stop complaining which is probably true so we have been doing that. She also was very negative about the vision therapy saying that it's just one more thing for people to charge you for. It kind of reminded me of how some doctors talk about chiropractors and vice versa.
So, basically I am keeping my own opinion and we will probably try vision therapy with Abi sometime in the next few years. Until then we will just focus on having her wear her glasses as much as possible.

I thought it was funny watching Abi play in the waiting room. She gets so serious about building things and following the 'instructions' on the box. She was slightly frustrated because some pieces were missing.
We ran into a friend from church here and she asked, "Mimi would you like to play with me?"
I felt bad for Mimi as she agreed but then was subjected to watching Abi painstakingly lay out all the pieces the way they were on the box before they could begin.

2 comments:

Seth and Julie

I have had the worst luck with doctors around here. How obnoxious to be rude to a child. Abi looks cute in her braids and glasses though. You will have to get her the Molly AG doll.

Cheryl

I actually bought her some glasses when we were at American girl last week so her doll can wear them too.