
Day 12: Stand Strong and Immovable
Following His arrest, Jesus was taken before a council of chief priests and rulers, the Sanhedrin. They had already conspired to condemn Him to death, but after finding no evidence against Him, "the high priest asked him,... Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" (Mark 14:61) The Jewish leaders knew that Jesus had openly and repeatedly declared His divinity among the people, but they wanted to hear it again in order to have a clear charge against Him. One more blasphemous statement from His lips, they thought, could bring a unanimous vote for the council to condemn Him to death. Thus it was that Jesus closed His public ministry the same way he began it, by declaring His identity: "I am; and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62).
On this day He was mocked. He was whipped. He was humiliated in every way they could devise. On this day Christ is charged, convicted, sentenced, crucified, and buried.
This was the Son of God they mistreated. This was their Savior as well as ours.
Please read Luke 23. Keep in mind that Christ has already stood trial in front of Caiaphas, and then Pilate, then King Herod and He is now back again standing trial before Pilate.
How did He not give in even when it was hard?
How can I be strong and stand as a witness of God at all times and in all places?
How can I be strong and stand as a witness of God at all times and in all places?
When am I the most likely to be weak? How can I change that?

The current Young Women General Presidency has the theme "I can do hard things." We want to testify that you can do hard things too. (See Alma 19:4 and 'For the Strength of You' Ensign October 2007)
How can I stand stong and immoveable as an example for what I know is right?

















0 comments:
Post a Comment