CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where are you from?

"If you don't know where you're from, you'll have a hard time saying where you're going."
- Wendall Berry

I am from Navy bases, from Top Ramen Monday, and from moving across country in small cars not meant for 6 people.

I am from the cleanest and most organized haven, outdoor cats, movie nights, and the sound of the vacuum in the morning.

I am from the fern named Fred, the quaking aspens, and the sand of the beach.

I am from the jammies on Christmas Eve, sleepover around the tree, blue eyes, Kings, and Bitters.

I am from crying during movies and reading books in bed before sleep.

I am from "Don't make that face, it could stick that way" and "Everybody has their own taste".

I am from Family Home Evening and Guideposts on road trips.

I am from Salt Lake City, California, Georgia, Washington, Idaho, Wisconsin and from those who crossed from Scandinavia and all over Europe.

I am popcorn on Saturdays and Super Nachos, Homemade pizza, and oranges in a stocking.

I am from Grandpa "Badger" and Grandpa Kings sayings and hiding behind the dollhouse with Lora.

I am from shelves of scrapbooks, this blog, and a computer full of pictures. I am from family traditions that will forever be celebrated and holidays that will be a big deal.

I found this fun tag on another blog. I tag anyone else who wants a little thought provoking challenge. See comments for template.

2 comments:

Cheryl

TEMPLATE For this post:
I am from (specific item) from (product name) and (think of something you remember).

I am from the (home description, sensory details, activities)

I am from (plant, flower, natural item)

I am from the (family tradition) and (family trait) and (family trait) and (family member) and (another family member) and (another family member)

I am from (description of family tendencies) and (another one)

I am from (something you were told as a child) and (another thing you were told)

I am from (representative of your religion or lack thereof)

I'm from (place of birth, life and family ancestry)

I am from (two food items representing your family)

From the (specific person) and (anothers specific person) and (another)

I am from (location of family pictures and their worth to you)

Kristina P.

This is cute. I'm not a big tag person. I don't ever do them, for some reason, but I enjoyr reading them. :)