CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween has arrived at our house!

Friday night I finally finished the fall cleaning at about 10:30pm. I was so relieved. I really wanted to decorate for Halloween but I was getting tired so I decided just to do a few things. 
I put out our new Halloween lights. We love the way these make the room feel!

Saturday morning both girls were up at 5 so I finished the Halloween decorating while they watched cartoons. Our entire downstairs has been touched by the holiday!



I was so excited to get out the Halloween books!
We compared foot size to last years craft and put it up on the fridge...

And yes, the girls were dressed for the occasion too.

To celebrate the arrival of October we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and everyone found a prize at their spot.
Abi got the witch Lalaloopsy
Maddy got a little coloring book... which she put her mouth. Go figure.
Doug got some gummy Halloween life savers and I got some Halloween stamps that are really more for the kids but that's how I roll.
And this is how Maddy rolls... or eats one.
The girls had a great time coloring.
We are so excited. October first marks the beginning of my favorite time of year ( October 1- January 1) where there is always something fun to do and plan.

5 comments:

Holly

I totally agree with you about this time of year! I am putting up my decorations today (hopefully) for Halloween. We've had fall stuff up for over a month now, but our favorite is Halloween. Such a fun idea to have treats at the table for everyone! And I might have to steal your peep idea. I've seen Easter things online too, but by Halloween I forget them, and so wouldn't have a prayer of being so clever and using the idea this time of year. Cute!!

BreeAnn

Cute house! I am just not motivated this year..i have some things up,but I need to put all my stuff up!

The Kings

Thanks for sharing your decorations for your festive home and the fun things you did to start October! I got my decorations up before the marathon but didn't want to light the candles or turn on the village and mantel lights, etc. until we got back from our trip. Tonight will be the lighting ceremony...and the official start of the Halloween season! Yeah!!

The Royals

I love the holiday season, too. The house always looks so empty on Jan. 1

Seth and Julie

So happy to see your Halloween sihouettes again. I adore them. I also LOVE the holiday season but sadly, you would never know it to look at my house.