CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 6

Who is my favorite super hero and why?


Easy.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer



I saw the movie with Kristy Swanson as Buffy first and thought it was hilarious in that 'so dumb it's funny' kind of way. When I heard they were making a tv show about it I thought, "That's stupid. How can they make a tv show about that?" Boy was I wrong!




The show was on for a few seasons before I started watching. A lady I worked with asked me one day if I liked Buffy. I told her I hadn't watched it. She was surprised because she said I dressed like Buffy, had hair like her, and talked like her. I was intrigued because I was pretty sure I was nothing like the movie version. 
I looked it up online and saw that re runs were playing of the first season. I was able to start watching at almost the beginning and watch an episode every night after work.
I was hooked from the first time I watched.

From that point on I watched all the re runs plus started tuning in every Tuesday night to watch my favorite 'Scoobies' kill the bad guys and look good and say funny things while doing it.

Buffy was just cool.
She was pretty and stylish but also just tough. Sarah Michelle Gellar really pulled it off as being a skinny little girl that could kick butt.

Of course I also loved everyone else on the show especially Xander ( I would totally name a son that) Oz, and Spike. 
I was a little thrown when Willow changed her orientation because it didn't seem to fit the Willow of the early years ... but so be it.
I cried in what I thought was the last episode when Buffy died and rejoiced when I found out there would be another season and it rocked.
I own all seven seasons on DVD as well as all 3 Watcher Guides and the Sunnydale Yearbook.
Yep, I'm a geek.

I'm pretty sure that being a super fan of Buffy is what opened my mind to Twilight and all vampire/ werewolf/ supernatural lore. 

"He's some kind of demon looking for an all-powerful thingimibob and I've got to stop him before unholy havoc's unleashed and it's another Tuesday night in Sunnydale."

"If the Apocalypse comes, beep me."


However, I may have to change my answer when the next Superman movie comes out now that 
Henry Cavill 
has been cast as Superman!!




4 comments:

Seth and Julie

I have never seen one minute of Buffy, but I like that you thought outside the box on this answer. I also like the name Xander. When Alex was a baby we always called him Alexander or just Xander but everyone else called him Alex and we finally gave up. We still call him Xander at home though. I also loved the boy name you had picked for Maddy though too. That may be my all time favorite boy name, but it is my brothers name so I couldn't use it. Since Abi was the one who leaked the name to me, I won't say it out loud in case it is a secret for future use.

Cheryl

I had no idea you called Alex Xander. That's awesome. Alexander was the characters name too. Xander is just a cool name.
Oh and I'm pretty sure we won't need the other name for future use... I don't think I am mentally capable of having any more children. :)

Heather

Ive never seen it either. She is beautiful though. Add tough to that too and she's everyone dream girl, right? Now you guys have me curious though...What was the name?

Cheryl

I think I'm safe saying it... it was only a secret because Doug wanted to surprise his dad if it was a boy and we didn't want anyone to steal it.
But since I'm pretty sure we are done I can probably say it.
It would have been Michael (after Doug's dad) Thomas (after Sir Thomas More).