It took me a while to decide what picture I wanted to blog about today. I feel blessed to have visited a lot of places that I have loved and have such great memories of. The quick one would have been blogging about Disney world but since I'm still finishing that up on the other blog I didn't want to do that one.
The next obvious is to blog about my most favorite place I've ever been:
Prince Edward Island in Canada
I have been there twice now. Both times I went with my mom. The second time my dad was there as well. That time we stayed at the above lighthouse one night.
I think it is one of the coolest things I've ever done, sleeping in a lighthouse.
My mom was just telling me this morning that my dad was asking her when they were going to PEI again. I think we are all due a trip!
I have thought a lot about it but I think I want to go again when the girls are a little older.
When you are on Prince Edward Island there is just a feeling of peace and harmony and the scenery is just amazing. Everything looked as if it had been painted with the most vibrant colors God has.
I remember sitting around a bonfire with my mom on the first trip sipping cocoa on the lawn of Green Gables filled with the most surreal feeling of being in the Anne books.
If you haven't ever been there it is one of the places you should see!

















5 comments:
I would love to go there! Take me with you :)
Oooh, how wonderful to stay in a lighthouse and to be able to go inside your favorite book.
Oh I love this! I love PEI! We're going next summer to celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary! (That's where we honeymooned.) We're taking the kids and my mom too!
Brought back some awesome memories! Oh, it would be so much fun to go again when the girls are older. Abi would have so much fun especially if you get her in to reading the Anne novels and watching the DVD's (the good first two!!). I am not inviting myself but when you go, if you want too, you can invite me!?!...And Dad. We ought to have a family party and invite Steph and the girls and Karen.
Well I don't know when we will go mom but I can't imagine PEI without you so I hope you guys will come whenever that is!!
Post a Comment