CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

My Inner Punk

A minute ago I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I was getting Abi ready. I took in the jeans, white button up, sweater vest, and what I can only think would be classified as 'mom' haircut and the thought came into my head, "Holy cow, I've become a preppy." Then I wondered how that happened.
Suddenly, my inner punk reared her ugly head and I had an overwhelming urge to layer on the eyeliner, paint my nails black, put some pink streaks in my hair, put on a temp tattoo, put my belly button ring back in, and put on some big black boots.
I'm a freak.
(Don't worry mom, I didn't do it.)

9 comments:

Wendy

I think you are super cute just the way you are! But you do need some time to let out that inner punk....that is what halloween is for, or a silly girls night out.

Team Ryan

Ohhh I totally know how you feel. I LOVE the preppy look...always have, always will. But I have always loved the surfer/skater look too. Sometimes I am torn because preppy and skater are total opposites, but I LOVE both looks!

Heather

Your so funny! We should do a girls night like that...I would love to see that belly ring!

Cheryl

Haha. We should do a girls night like that. Tell me when... but as for the belly ring...
I don't think anyone will ever really see it again. I took it out when I was about 4 months pregnant and I'm pretty sure the hole is healed up now.

Donna

Wow, you were a punk at one point? You seem so conservative! I am totally a preppy and pretty much always have been!

Melinda Shaha

Temp tattoo - that's my favorite part. Whoo hoo. What a punk! ;)

Cheryl

Yeah.... I guess so right. I almost got a real one once and once I decided against it I wore temp ones constantly. I'm so bad!
Haha.

Emma

When you guys to go to Disney let us know we have some pretty good ideas on how to make it work the best. It is a blast!!!!!

Cheryl

I was kind of a punk Donna. In Jr. High I was a skater chick and I shaved the side of my head (my hair was long enough that it covered it up unless it was in a ponytail) and used to just dye my hair with kool aid and things so my bangs would be purple or some other silly color. I prided myself on 'not matching' and was famous for my big black combat boots.
After that I wasn't really a 'punk' but I always did my own thing. In high school I wore whatever I felt like and I even used to put little jewels in between or on the sides of my eyes like Gwen Stefani used to- but before I knew who she was.
Mostly I just really like the punk look and I have always had days where I wanted to have a tattoo and weird hair and crazy clothes.. maybe look a little emo... just for fun.
I did have the belly button ring for about 6 -7 years though.