Over the past few months she has stopped taking naps entirely. She usually goes in her room for a "rest time" and just plays with her toys and books by herself (and makes a mess). She gradually has gone to sleep between 5-6.
That's done now. She does not take a nap and isn't ready for bed until 7. Or on nights like last night.. she is in bed at 7 but doesn't fall asleep until 8. It's crazy. We are not used to it so it makes the night go by so much faster. Last night Doug got up and said, "I'm going to bed." I was surprised thinking it was so early still but then looked at the clock and it was already after 10.
There is one great thing that has come out of all of this though- this week so far Abi has been sleeping until at least 6:30 and today she slept until about 7:15!!!
I was able to sleep in a little longer than normal, work out, and get a shower before she woke up. Amazing!
I guess my little girl is growing up.

















4 comments:
Transitions can be good sometimes!
Love her little animal print outfit!
Even 7 is early for my kids. I wish I could get them to be tired once in awhile.
That's great! John is on a similar schedule. He hardly ever naps anymore, but he has about an hour-long rest-time in his room every afternoon where he reads books and plays around, and then he goes to bed at about 7:00, usually falls asleep quickly, and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. It works for us!
On a side note, I love her outfit in those pictures!
Post a Comment