CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spider Witch

I pulled out this dress for Abi today and she said , "I don't want to wear that dress!" I asked her why. "Because I don't want to be a spider witch!"
I told her it wasn't a spider witch dress. It was a fancy girl dress. Then she was okay with it.

6 comments:

Kristina P.

I'm almost 31 and I still manage to rip my tights the first time I wear them!!

Seth and Julie

Oh, that makes me so sad. We try so hard to make Primary fun. Alyssa hated Primary/Church until about 6 months ago. I have tried really hard to work with her on the importance of church and I am always quizzing her about what she learned and honestly, the only way to get them used to it is to make them go. When Alyssa was little we would leave early when she got cranky but we made progress when we made her stay and reminded her that it is SOOO important. Now she just knows that this is what we do every Sunday and she never complains about it. She even gets really excited about sharing time and singing time. I think it helped when I got put in Primary because she could see how important Primary is to me. If you think that would help Abi I can talk to bishop about putting you in my calling. :) :) Anyhow, let me know what I can do to help.

P.S. I actually really LOVE my calling in case any ward members are reading this and think I am complaining...don't report me to bishop. :)

Emily

That is very creative about the spider witch(she looked beautiful though).
Well, all kids are different but bribes always work well for Gabe. He would do just about anything for a cookie or a cupcake.
I do agree that the only way to make progress is to just make them go. I am sure it is a phase that will pass eventually and just remember that you are a great mom and Abi is a wonderful girl!

Danandsteph.blogspot.com

I would have a family home evening lesson about Church. (remember the time mom set up chairs like we were going on an airplane and made fake tickets and everything? Maybe you don't... I was 10 so you would have been really young.) Anyway, I would set up three different areas and go to each area and pretend like it is Sacrament, class time, and singing time. Talk about how important each area is, and that even though we left last week, we won't do that again... and explain why. Talk about how proud Heavenly Father is when we go and are reverent, and how teachers prepare lessons, and if we leave then they feel bad, our Father in Heaven feels bad, and mommy and daddy feel bad. She probably just had a bad day... don't we all... but don't give in to her and go home because she is smarter than you realize! (They all are!) Maybe tell her that every week at family home evening she gets to teach you and Doug what she learned in primary, so she NEEDS to go!

Cheryl

Those are awesome ideas Steph. Thanks! I think she is extra needy right now and I'm not sure why. Yesterday at a friends birthday party she was being really clingy with me too.

Donna

We had a bad day at church on Sunday too. John's regular Primary teachers weren't there and he freaked out and wouldn't stay. Then when my husband went in to sit with him he still acted up. You are not alone in your troubles!