CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Randomness

This afternoon I knew that Abi was going to get her prize for getting a hundred good behavior tickets either today or tomorrow and thought I'd head over to Goodwill to see if they had any cool things I could use for her next prize. I don't know what made me think of going to Goodwill but I am so glad we went. I found this....

It may not look like much but it is a baby doll cradle that rocks. I am going to clean it up and paint it pink and then make a little bed set to go in it. I'll post pictures as soon as that happens... it may be a while.
After that Abi asked to go to the new pet store. We like to go there to look at the animals we won't buy....
oops my pictures are out of order and the next two are random ones from like a week ago. How cute is my kid? She always wears her sunglasses upside down. If they are right side up, I put them on her.


Okay, here we are back at the pet store today. She was pointing to that yellow bird and said she wanted it because it is yellow like her yellow hair. She says that constantly. She wants a yellow bowl like her yellow hair or the yellow shirt like her yellow hair. It's hilarious. I had to tell her that we will never own a bird. I have a fear of small birds..but they are pretty to look at outside of our home!

This little guy I would take home but I wouldn't want to spend close to a hundred bucks for a pet so....

The two coolest parts of our trip to the pet store were the chameleon and the cats. There was one cat named Elizabeth that was playing with a ball and kept looking at Abi with its head upside down. She was laughing hysterically. People were stopping to watch them interact with each other. I would gladly bring home a little kitty. I love them so much and she has obviously inherited that from me, but again, the $100 price tag is a bit too much plus I don't know if it's very nice to keep an animal in a garage in this weather and I am not a house pet person.
As for the chameleon, Abi has two books about them but had never seen one in person. It was so cool to show her how his color altered a bit when it went from the branch to the leaf and how its tail looked exactly like the leaf stems.
Afterward she asked to go into Target to ride a bike. I figured why not... we have a few hours until Doug gets home. Let's go kill some time knowing that if we were home I wouldn't be able to get anything done anyway... late afternoons are her restless hours..

This was the first time she has been able to really ride the bike. It was so cute. She even rode backwards!

When we got home she had earned enough tickets from being great in 3 stores and for keeping her shoes and socks on in between them to finally get her tool set! I bought this about two years ago when I thought we were going to have a day care in our home. Since then it has sat in the basement and a few months ago I noticed her interest in Doug's tools and decided to use it for a prize. She had to earn 100 tickets to get it which has taken about 2 months.

She was thrilled! She played with it for about a half an hour uninterrupted... a miracle at this time of day. Seriously.

Her first creation....

Then she was back to herself and making a nest for herself in the couch in between bouncing off the walls and hanging from the chandelier... (okay, not really)

5 comments:

Kristina P.

I love the sofa photo!!

Janna

YEAH...looks like she likes her pink water bottle!

Sounds like you guys had a good fun day!

Have a GREAT weekend!!

Donna

That cradle will be adorable!
I know what you mean about late afternoons. It's the worst time of day in our house. That tool set is awesome! My son would love it! I can see why she played with it for awhile.

Jamie

Wow you have been busy. Looks like the weather is nicer for you then me. Abi is so adorable. We must have the two girls meet sometime.

The Royals

I love your idea of doing tickets for good behavior.