CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

My kind of music

A while ago I let you in on our love of a little band from Europe called Alphabeat... I am on a mission to introduce the world to this music! Just kidding but it is the most listened to CD by all 3 of us around here.
I don't really know how to describe my 'kind' of music. I tend to gravitate toward the more alternative types. I love The Killers, Coldplay, 30 Seconds to Mars, Muse, Paramore, etc... but the following two bands are a little different. I heard Alphabeat describe their music as 'Wonky Pop' and I think that could describe both of my favorite bands at this moment... Alphabeat and The Hush Sound.
I already posted an Alphabeat video for Fascination a while back. That is one of my favorite songs. This one "Go Go" is mine and Doug's other favorite...

This one is a fun one that Abi and I like to sing. She sometimes breaks out singing this while playing quietly(word for word)

Boyfriend is a little cheesy but fun. We like it best when the guy sings toward the end.

This is Abi's absolute favorite. This video is a little older than the others. This song, "Fantastic Six", is about super heroes. Abi calls this "Woo hoo" just like the Cootie game. I guess that is what she christens things she loves...

The next three videos are by our other favorite THe Hush Sound. They are from Chicago....









I decided to post these, by the way, because I was going to post movie reviews today and we are watching Lost Season 2 currently and have not finished it so I have no reviews to give!!

7 comments:

Kristina P.

They seem like such a fun band!

Heather

So totally 80's! But I do think that generation has the best music ever. Cool stuff.

Wendy

I think you look like the girl in Alphabeats. Super cute! And I really like their sound. I have not heard them before, very fun!

Now, The Hush Sound is also one of my favorites. I LOVE them! I think her voice is awesome. I have not listened to them in forever. (My ipod drowned in a glass of diet coke, and I lost all my music - sad day!) Thanks for reminding me how great they are!

Cheryl

Heather- that's why I like them so much!!! I LOVE eighties music.. I mean I grew up in the eighties so it makes me so nostalgic.
The Killers kind of have that vibe too.

Katie

Great, thanks for sharing these. Truthfully I'm getting tired of the CDs we have and was trying to find some new ones to get. I don't want to listen to nursery rhymes all day but also want something safe for little kiddo to listen to too.

Katie

Oh I wanted to add I like how they form the words in Don't Go Out Tonight, very cool.

Cheryl

We love that too in that video. There are one or two songs on the Alphabeat CD that we don't let Abi listen to but they are all at the end so we can safely listen to the first without worrying. They aren't swearing though.. just things we don't want her singing.