Abi's a sunbeam!
Today was Abi's first day in Primary. She was really nervous. We let her wear her fanciest dress so she would look like a "princess" but she still was saying she wanted to go to nursery. I took her into the Primary room and she didn't want to stay so I sat with her class with her on my lap through the talks, scriptures, etc. Finally she would sit on her own chair.
So I asked her if I could leave and she said yes. I went back into the nursery but about 1/2 hour later her teacher brought her to me and said she was having a hard time going into class. I guess she had been laying on the carpet in the primary room. So, I didn't want to keep her in nursery with me figuring that that would only make it that much harder again next week so I went into her classroom with her.
It was fun. The teachers are really great and there was a nice little lesson and then she handed out CTR rings and CTR papers to color as well as these fun little Sunday box crafts that they got to color and play with. Abi seemed to enjoy it and after we got out really liked her ring.
I wanted to get a picture of her with her ring on and this is what she did. I swear I didn't tell her to pose this way!

















10 comments:
She looks beautiful! I'm sure she will love Primary soon enough.
She looked so cute. I went over to see if she was okay when she was face down on the floor and she pretended to be asleep. All the sunbeam girls looked a little nervous but they will love it, I hope!
What a beautiful dress! I hope I have a daughter at some point so that I can get her dresses like that!
Yesterday was my son's first day in Primary too. At first he wouldn't even go into the Primary room, so he came down to the Nursery with me (I'm the new Nursery leader), but he really didn't want to be there either. So my husband brought him to Primary, sat with him for a few minutes, whispered to him to go sit on the teacher's lap, and then he left, and John did well and stayed for the rest of the time. I was very happy and pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a bigger battle than that on the first day. They'll take a little while to get used to it but once they do they'll love it!
It is so hard to believe she is growing up so fast and is in Primary now! Tell her that Primary is so fun and that you went when you were little, too! Even Grandma did, too!
It was my son's first week in primary too! It's always a shock to see them go into primary, isn't it? Luckily, he had no problem staying in class without us, but my last child to go in sure did. It took us months with her.
That's a beautiful dress your little girl got to wear!
Came here from Alyson's site.
Here in Australia it's summer, hence the VERY long school break and our munchkins don't go back until the end of the month.
Great pictures!
The CTR rings were a very cute idea, right? Sara loved hers, too!
Hi Cheryl. Your letter is L!
Oh my Abi is a sunbeam too. It is exciting but sad at the same time. My sister had her baby on Tuesday. He was 8 lbs. 7 oz. His name is Dominique.
Post a Comment