Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Where in the world did we move to?
I knew Wisconsin would be cold. I knew we'd have long winters. Yes, the 30 below wind chills and snow piles taller than me are not fun... but they were expected. What I didn't expect was that we were moving to tornado alley/flood central! Last January, as most of you probably saw on the news, we were hit by a few tornados here. When the sirens went off I didn't know what to do. It didn't look like tornado weather outside. I went out to check the mail and it got dark suddenly. I looked back at the house and saw Abi in the doorway in the same line of vision as the clouds beginning to swirl. I sprinted back and grabbed her and ran to the basement. So, anyway, I thought that when the sirens went back off you could come back up- kind of an "all clear" but I found out Friday night that it's just a "take cover"and you have to stay down until they are gone whenever that may be. Well, it rained all weekend. Really rained. This trailer park is just a little way down the street from us and normally just has a little stream running through it. But we also had tornado after tornado warning. I spent so much time in the basement. Sunday night it went off at night. We rushed to grab some clothes, shoes, blankets, and woke up Abi. Doug grabbed some food and drink on his way down. This was his first time being home during one. We spent over an hour down in the basement sitting on an old bed mattress cover thing while we watched the laptop waiting for the warning to go away.(Thank goodness for wireless internet!) I used to love storms and tornados even... but now that I have Abi it really freaks me out.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















1 comments:
Tornadoes freak me out too, but at least they have a warning system for you. Stay safe!
Post a Comment