Tuesday was a 3 adventure day.
Our first stop was to Taffy Town in Downtown Salt Lake City. I didn't know anything about Taffy Town before we went. I had noticed the building before when driving by and wondered about it. I found out they did free tours so I signed us up.
My parents, Brent, and Karen came with us as well.
My parents, Brent, and Karen came with us as well.
I liked the fact that when you go on the tour you are actually watching the people make the taffy. Part of it was through a window but then the other parts were in the actual room they were working in.
Also, I thought it was neat that our tour guide was the owner of the entire company.
He told us that when he became the owner (it is a family business) he changed the name to Taffy Town and decided to focus on making gourmet taffy rather than a lot of candy... he said he was friends with the Jelly belly people and got the idea from them because their company took off after they did the same thing with jelly beans.
Taffy town hardly sells anything in Utah but he said theirs is the taffy at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco and they sell all over the place in high end stores and big cities. Apparently they are the official taffy of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
When we were in the room where the taffy is wrapped he grabbed a few pieces right after being wrapped so we could have fresh taffy. It was really good.
The girls really enjoyed it and love the taffy we picked up while there!

















3 comments:
I always see that taffy here and tell the kids it is from Utah but I have never taken the tour. I will have to do that next time I am in Utah. I only like peppermint taffy, but I like it a lot. This tour sounds much better than Jelly Belly. I am not sure why Jelly Belly even does tours at a warehouse where nothing is being produced but I guess I should be grateful for all the winter days they have filled with candy and fun for my kids.
I know. Doug didn't like Jelly Belly because of it just being tv's. But we went there SO many times while living out there so it will always be a special memory to me.
That was a really fun tour! And the taffy is sooooooo good!!
Post a Comment