Last summer I encouraged Abi's summer reading by giving her a timer bookmark and for every 10 hours she read we took her on a date.
I wanted to do something different this year. We decided to make a goal for reading 100 books and make a paper chain of each book she read.
I put out the strips for writing book titles in a little container to be pulled out after Abi reads a book and then we put them on the book chain.
After each book she reads she has to fill out a little book report in this book I got in the Target dollar section...
They have to be chapter books. Originally I was going to make them be over 100 pages but then I realized that all of her fairy books that she loves are around 60-100 pages so I changed it to over 50 pages.
After every ten books she gets to pick out a little prize I have in a basket containing mini lego sets, books, pens, pencils, and other art supplies.
It has been so much fun reading her reports... and she is already to book 40!

















2 comments:
I think that is such a cute idea and i am so impressed with how much reads and enjoys it!
40 books already is awesome! We are doing the library reading challenge and the Barnes and Noble one but the prizes are usually pretty lame at the library and the B&N one is cool but you can only get certain books for your free prize so I like the idea of doing your own thing and the book report journal is cute too.
Post a Comment