CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Projects

First thing yesterday morning we got outside to get some things on our to do lists checked off. The girls and I went out a little before 8 and while I washed a desk, the girls washed their bikes. Doug soon came out as well and weeded. It was really fun to watch the girls wash their bikes. They had a good time.

I have wanted an old fashioned school desk for a really long time that Abi could use for her homework and for the schoolwork I have her do over the summer as well as to use when I start preschool with Maddy. I finally found one a few months ago at Goodwill for $10!
It has been sitting in the garage since then but I finally got to it yesterday. I washed it first.
Here is a before picture.
Then I spray painted it with chrome and cherry red. Here is the after picture...
It isn't perfect which is very apparent up close and in person but I am happy with the results. It was my first time spray painting anything and I really had no idea how to do it so I screwed up a few times and it was windy so there are a few places where it dried funny. But it will work good and look much better in my kitchen area than it would have!

8 comments:

LeShel

LOVE the red desk! Spray paint is magic for sure.

Donna

That desk is awesome! I love what you did with it!

Danandsteph.blogspot.com

Cheryl... you never cease to amaze me with your ability to "create"! I wish I had your talents with sewing,baking and cooking, crafts in general...and now spray paint!!!! Wow! Looks GREAT!

Holly

Love the desk! Goodwill is awesome for stuff like that! I was able to find a desk for Emma awhile ago there too. Love great finds!

Seth and Julie

So jealous! I have wanted old fashioned desks for my kids FOREVER but I can never find any.

The Kings

The family that works and plays together stays together!! And you had fun doing that Monday morning. So cute watching the girls clean up their bikes. And the desk...wow! It really turned out cute! Nice job!

Jesmyluk

Super sweet desk! Love it!

Cheryl

Thanks! I'm glad it looks good to others too.
Julie- I have been looking forever too and whenever I have found one it has either been too expensive or in horrible condition (or both). I couldn't believe it when I walked into Goodwill and saw it there.