CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chicago Botanical Garden

Friday was National Garden day and I was able to get a coupon for Chicago's Botanical Garden. It is always free to get in but parking costs $20 per car. I called ahead to make sure they would use the coupon for parking and they said they would. We decided to meet Doug for lunch because it is just a few minutes away from his work but we were surprised when his boss told him he should just take off early and go with us!  It was so warm outside... the perfect day to explore a garden.
 This first picture I took before leaving home.
Maddy was particularly interested in all the water and felt like she had to touch any water we came to.

She loved being able to just run around. I didn't bring the stroller in with us and just let her roam. We covered a lot of ground so it was pretty nice that she liked walking the whole time. 
She also liked walking on the edges...
leaning in to smell some flowers...
We found this nice little area that was covered and shaded with benches and great views all around. I told Doug I could spend hours in that one spot just reading or writing. It was so peaceful.
I loved how the walls had cut outs so you could still see the Gardens on all sides.

getting a close up look at some blue flowers she really liked...
When we got to this spot Maddy said, "It's so beautiful!"

too far to smell...
balancing again....
She kept taking off ahead of us and then turning around to make sure we were still following.

"I love this!"
Our guide consulting the map to decide which way to go...
through the forest!
more water to play in...
One of our favorite things were these waterfalls. They looked like a sheet of glass. They were so smooth until you stuck your hand in!
Beautiful!

6 comments:

The Royals

What a lovely place. It is fun to see the joy on her little face!

Seth and Julie

I have been meaning to go there for years and still haven't made it but I also have a free parking pass right now so I am going to get over there soon. I always feel bad when I leave my school aged kiddos out too but I also love that Maddy got her own time with you and Doug. Abi had that for years so I bet Maddy loved having her little moment but of course the whole family together can't be beat. Gives you a good excuse to go back.

Holly

We were planning on going there on Friday too, but my family left that day, and we decided to just stay home and enjoy the quiet. I wanted to go there last year and didn't make it. Maybe later this year we'll finally get there. I'm glad to know you think it's worth the regular parking fee.

Jesmyluk

Awww I want to go there now! Such beautiful pictures!

The Kings

Oh, what pretty pictures! Maddy looks so cute in her adorable dress and the beautiful flowers around her! Her cuteness and personality really shined in the gardens!

Heidi

Loooove the gardens! I miss them so much!