CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tidbits

Yesterday Abi lost her 2nd tooth! She came home smiling with pursed lips and I knew something was up. I asked her if she lost her tooth. She unzipped her jacket to show me her 'I lost a tooth' sticker on her shirt. They put her tooth in a little tooth shaped box on a necklace. She was so excited. She told me that she almost cried when it fell out because she was so happy.

Abi came into my room this morning with the Tooth fairy box because she wanted me to be with her when she opened it. I thought that was sweet. When she opened it she exclaimed, "50 cents! I can buy two gumballs!"

Maddy is growing up so fast and starting to say so much. Most of what she says is still gibberish sounding but occasionally a word will come out clear and I love that. Last night as were reading her favorite books, Too Purpley and Polly's Pink Pajamas, she was talking right along with the books saying things like "Polka dotty" and "Nink a namas" (Pink Pajamas). Some of the most recent things she has been saying are, "Nickey, Nickey"= Mickey, Minnie (meaning she sees or wants her dolls), "Aggy"= Raggedy Ann or Andy, "baf"= bath, "Apple", "Reassy"= Really (I asked her about something and when I said, "Really?" She said, "Yesss (with her lisp) Reassy."), and my personal favorite- "Yes siree!"

7 comments:

Seth and Julie

First of all, I am that awful modern tooth fairy you mentioned. I always got whatever was in my mom's wallet or the car ashtray when I was a kid but it was always over a dollar so I planned on $2 for my kids but sometimes Seth gives them a little more and he totally overpaid for the first tooth. Alyssa had two teeth pulled today and is miserable so I thought the TF should be extra nice but at the same time it cost hundreds to have them pulled so why am I paying her? But how fun for Abi to have two teeth gone already. I bet she is the envy of all Kindergarten.

Still haven't read anything Westerfield but intend to.

Seth watched Terra Nova and liked it, but I only lasted 31 seconds before I went to read.

Never heard of Pinterest. I have no idea what to even expect but I better go see what it is now, and now I want hot chocolate too.

The Kings

Tell Abi I am so proud of her and so happy that she lost her 2nd tooth...at school! I am so glad they treated her so special!!
Good luck on the kitchen cleaning project! Hope you get it all done when you wish! I was pretty sure today was the day for that to start!

Cheryl

Julie- I don't think you or anyone else that is a high paying tooth fairy is awful... I keep hearing of people who give 5 or 10 bucks a tooth and I just don't want to go there so I thought I would stay small.
What Pinterest is - it is basically a website you sign up for and you can "follow" other people that pin pictures of ideas or things they like. I have specific boards for each category like Christmas, Halloween, gift ideas, etc. and whenever I see an idea I like I pin it to that board so when I want to look at ideas or find a particular one all I have to do is go and look at that board. The picture that is 'pinned' there links back to the blog or website the picture came from.
It is very convenient. Plus you can search for particular things and find ideas on there. It basically takes all the ideas everyone has and puts them in an easy to find website. I don't know if I explained that well enough but I love it.
Mom- thanks. She was very happy. And I did get most of the kitchen done yesterday. I was cleaning the entire rest time and then once the girls went to bed I cleaned until I was too tired to go anymore. I got the pantry done. All the kitchen walls, above the counters and fridge, the fridge and oven pulled out and cleaned under and behind, the fridge and freezer cleaned out, the dishwasher cleaned. Every cabinet and drawer cleaned out and polished and then re-organized, the counters cleaned,the stove top,the microwave, the door to the garage and the wall that is on, the shoe organizer.. so today I am going to finish up this area. I need to still do the sink, the oven is self cleaning right now, then I will do the 3 windows in this area and the sliding glass doors, the computers and desks and kitchen table and chairs. Then I will vacuum and mop the whole area.
THEN... since it is Doug's birthday I will get to work making his cake and dinner and while they are baking try to start on the family room and see how much I can get done in there.
It has been a big job but I really didn't do spring cleaning as usual this year so it was much needed.

Donna

Hmmm, I might have to finally give Pinterest a try!
Good job on the cleaning! I've been working on that too, specifically my garage before the cold weather comes. Half the garage is filled with trash and with things to give away!

Holly

Sometimes I wish kids would continue to say things the way they did as a child. I always feel sort of sad when Emma finally starts saying words correctly. One of the few things she still mispronounces is breakfast. She says: breakfask. I love it. And now I don't know if it's actually a remnant from when she was little, or if she really thinks that's what the word is. I don't really want to correct her though. How bad would it be for her to be in college and still say it that way?

I've been wanting to look into pinterest too. Is that something you need to be invited to? If, so, would you mind inviting me?

Jen

It's fun watching the kids grow up. Can't believe Abby is losing so many teeth already. Love when the babies start talking. Violet talks a mile a minute these days, and it's so cute.

BreeAnn

another thing, I can't really figure out pinterest, I guess I just need some time to sit down and figure it all out..it looks fun though..