Saturday our local library was having a Fancy Nancy tea party. Abi and I decided to go. She needed to be all fancied up like Nancy and she pulled out one of our books for inspiration. She picked one of her favorite Nancy outfits and we scoured her room for similar things. She also wanted to wear her dress up glasses. She wanted something special for her hair so I did this crazy braid thing that she ended up loving. Of course she needed lots of bows! We also added one of her cheek charms from Disney World.
Here she is looking so adorable right before we left....
We got there a few minutes early so we went into the play room and did tanagrams for a few minutes...
There was quite a turn out for this thing. Lots and lots of little fancy girls! They had story time first.
Then they had 'fancy school' where they learned to balance bananas on their head. I don't know why it was bananas but it was cute.
Abi got to make a wand...
and a tiara....
They also had a few special play areas. One was for dress ups...
and one had flannel board stories.
They also had a tea area where each girl got a bag of butter cookies and a juice box.
We had a great time and when Doug asked Abi how it was, she said, "Wonderful!"

















4 comments:
How cute! I think we have the best library. I need to remember to check for these events more often since I am at the library all the time anyway. I love her fancy glasses.
Was that at the southwest? Alissa would have loved that...too bad she was in school! Not that I knew about it anyway. Fun for sure!
Tell Abi she was an adorable Fancy Nancy! It looks like the library went all out to have a very special activity for Fancy Nancy fans.
what a fun idea!
Post a Comment