CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Blast from the past

While Doug was in San Diego he got to stay in a really nice hotel on Coronado. I have told him all about Coronado because as a kid I lived in San Diego and Coronado was my favorite place. The Navy Lodge was there and we stayed there many times as well as living in it for a few months waiting for housing to open up. I loved living on the beach and I was smitten with the Hotel Del Coronado.
When we went to Disney World I told Doug that the amazing Grand Floridian hotel is patterned after the Hotel del Coronado so he really wanted to check it out.
He went over and rode an old fashioned elevator with the attendant in it and got me a souvenir...
It may seem a little strange that Doug got me a wine glass for a souvenir but it's not. It was an awesome gift that made me smile!
When I was a child and living there my best friend was a girl named Jamie. Her family had a fancy guest room at their house that we got to sleep in when we had sleepovers. We felt so cool and grown up sleeping in there that we would get some of her parents wine glasses and fill them with milk and pretend that we were sipping white wine in our room at the Hotel Del Coronado. 
That is why he got me the wine glass.
And that night I had a glass of milk in it!

3 comments:

Jen

Cute memory. It's the little things like this that make husbands great.

The Kings

Good job, Doug! The wine glass is cool...and fits the memory! I have the decanter from there so I guess you could say we have a touch of Hotel del Coronado in our homes.

Seth and Julie

I love those husband gifts that prove that they listen to us and think of us. Good job Doug!