CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

T is for Tuesday and Temple

Tuesday we drove down to Illinois and went to the temple. I wanted to get pictures of the girls in front of the temple in their white dresses so we did that right away. Unfortunately it was really cold again so the poor girls were freezing while I took the pictures.


I thought this one was hilarious. I had the girls lined up and they were both posed so pretty. Then right when I clicked, Abi's headband fell down over her eyes and my mom went rushing in to help. So funny.

My favorites...



After we left the temple, we visited the church book store. I have been wanting to get Abi a new Book of Mormon because her old one got all bent up after trying to use a bag that wasn't quite big enough for it. So, we got her a nice little hardcover copy, a scripture tote, and some scripture stickers to make it a little more fun for her.
Afterward we visited Doug for lunch and then went to Ikea to get some butcher paper. Another fun day!

9 comments:

Seth and Julie

I have never taken my kids to the temple here because I don't think it is a pretty temple. Isn't that terrible? I take them to the ones in Utah and California and even Nauvoo once, but I really should teach them to appreciate that we have a temple in our own little backyard. These pictures are so sweet, and yay for new scriptures. I love new scriptures.

Heidi

i'm excited to see her new scriptures and hear about them on sunday. :)

Cheryl

Julie- I totally agree. It looks more like a church building than a temple.

The Kings

Funny thing...I was just telling Dad that I didn't think it was a very pretty temple either! So thanks Julie and Cheryl...now I don't feel so "bad"! The pictures are so cute of the girls! Too bad the wind brought Grandma in to the picture.

I also loved the idea of getting Abi her Book Of Mormon, tote, and stickers! It was so cute to watch you putting the stickers in on Conference Sunday.

Donna

What pretty pictures! You're lucky to be pretty close to the temple. Our temple is Nauvoo and I think it's about a two-hour ride, which isn't too bad, but still!

Holly

There is a church book store? Where is it and what is it called? I need a couple things and have been wondering if I could find them anywhere around here. Cute pictures!

Cheryl

Holly- it's called This is the Place. It is just down the road from the temple on the corner of Milwaukee avenue. It's not huge and it can be a little pricey but it's the only place I've found out here. We don't go often because of the distance but try to go in when we are in the area.

Seth and Julie

Ha,Ha...I like that you and your mom both thought the same thing about that temple and no one was saying it out loud. Of course it is as sacred as any other temple, but it doesn't have the WOW factor. There are a handful of them that look like the Chicago temple and me and my brother call them the Stake Center temples. I do point out Moroni when we drive by for my kids though and I love to see him peaking through the trees.

Cheryl

Julie- I love how you always write out ha ha. Because I do that too. I hate LOL and never use it .... oops I just did.