I'll try to take a video sometime but Abi has become quite the reader lately. She takes books to bed with her and will sit and sound out until she can read the whole book by herself. Then she will call me in to show me that she can read this new book she couldn't read before.
Last night she called me in for two books. They were both easy readers but a couple of levels higher than she normally reads with a lot of words and sounds we haven't covered yet. She read both books and I only had to help her with a couple of words.
It was one of the best mommy moments for me. I guess it is because I love to read so much and books are such a huge part of my life that watching my little girl that isn't even in Kindergarten yet read a book to me makes me so happy.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















3 comments:
Way to go, Abi! Sounds like she will be an avid reader one day. That's great:)
I am so so so so proud of Abi! Please tell her so! Next time I see her I will still tell her a story "from my mouth" but I think she will have to read Grandma a story, too!!
I love reading to my kids but it is definitely more awesome once they can read to you. Go Abi!
Post a Comment