We weren't sure if we were going to go to American Girl this visit but then over the weekend we were trying to decide what to do in the last few days of my moms visit and finally decided we did want to go to American Girl.
Last month I had seen this cute little dress at Kohl's with the Eifel tower and french women shopping on it and just had to get if for our little Madeline Monet! A few days later we were in Marshall's and I found a tee shirt with matching skirt that also had Paris things on it in Abi's size. I loved that it matched Maddy's dress so well without being exactly the same, so I bought it.
I thought these would be perfect for American Girl!
Here are the girls before we left. I had to put a sweater over Maddy's because it is a halter top type dress so I added one to Abi's too.
While we waited for our lunch time, Abi played in the Bitty Baby section of the store. I told her that she could pick out something under a certain amount of money so she was trying out everything.
Maddy was wondering why she couldn't play with it all.
She was having a great time though.
Finally we got into the cafe for lunch. Abi decided to bring Maddy's doll Elizabeth to share the day with us.
Abi and Grandma...
Me and Maddy
the Popeye face...
I love this picture. While we were waiting for our food we were reading the little dinner questions and Abi was trying to think of an answer to one.
I didn't want to spend the money on a lunch for Maddy so I shared mine with her. We had pasta, Abi had cheese pizza, and my mom had quiche.
When I made the reservations on the phone, they asked me if anyone was celebrating a birthday. I said I was. Well, they brought Abi's dessert with candles in it and sang Happy Birthday to her. She was so confused but my mom whispered to her that they were singing to her for me. I was so relieved they thought it was her and didn't sing to me in there.
Our waiter was very nice and brought Maddy her own dessert plate even though we hadn't paid for one. I thought that was so thoughtful of him.
After eating, we went back to shopping. Abi finally settled on the birthday party set so we picked that up. She saw this booth with Kanani and a bunch of girls were waiting in line to have their picture taken with it, so she wanted to too.
We got some final pictures next to the star. The girls had a great time crawling all around it.
We had a really great time but then as I began to drive out of the city I told my mom, " I don't feel so good... like I might need to throw up."
I pushed my feelings away and just drove. I was anxious to get home as I really didn't feel so great.
About fifteen minutes away from home Abi suddenly threw up EVERYWHERE! It was about the nastiest thing ever.
So, as soon as we got home I had my mom take her in the house and get her in the bathtub. I cleaned the car as good as I could while I felt sick and got the clothes up to the laundry room and all of the things in the house. Within minutes my mom was saying she didn't feel good either.
Within an hour we were all throwing up. We thought it might be food poisoning but then when Doug began throwing up too. And Maddy.
Yep. Every single person in this house was violently ill. It was terrible.
Abi was throwing up every 30 minutes all night long.
I made a run to Woodman's in my pajamas looking like death the next morning because I was so afraid of the girls getting dehydrated and I didn't have the energy to get dressed. It was humiliating but I tried not to make eye contact with anyone and used self check.
All anyone ate all day were Popsicles.
It was the worst way to spend my moms last day here... but at least we had a lot of fun the first week.
None of us had any energy and pretty much laid around all day.
Wednesday I drove my mom over to the bus and said goodbye. I was so sad to see her go but so grateful she came.

















6 comments:
Ugh, what a yucky ending. I am glad you made it through your outing (or almost made it anyway) before it hit.
I love little girls in black and pink and it matches AG perfectly. They look so cute and I hope they remember the fun part of the day and forget all about getting sick.
yuck! miserable. glad you got to do AG but sorry it ended so yuck.
Ain't that the truth! I don't think I have been so sick in years! But we did have such fun before...and then suffered together! Glad I came...I had a great time with all of you...and was glad I got to spend your birthday with you!
What a fun day with an un-fun ending! I still really want to go to AG someday with some little girls (my own or maybe nieces). It really does just look like a dream!
I still have my Samantha doll and I am sure that she would love to be pampered there. :)
seeeeeerious cuteness!! i am so in love with American Girl Dolls, i wish i had discovered them when J was a little younger but she does have 4 or 5...a trip to American Girl would have been a dream come true for her.
American Girl is such a fun place, and you are lucky to live close enough to go each time your mom visits. How fun!
Not so much fun though that you all got so sick, and wow that it all came on so fast for everyone. I suppose if it was going to happen to just have everyone be sick at the same and get it over with quickly. I hope you are feeling better now.
Post a Comment