CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Magical Day with princesses!

I've always thought it would be kind of fun to go to Disney on Ice but never have looked into it. A few weeks ago I heard it was coming here and thought it would be a perfect time to go because of Princess school. I looked up the tickets and found out that they were barely more than going to the movies so I bought two... one for me and one for Abi so we could have a special date together while Daddy played with Maddy.
I told Abi we were going somewhere special together but I didn't tell her what it would be. Even this morning as I got her dressed I never let on.
I got lost in Milwaukee (yikes) but with the help of Doug (thank goodness for cell phones!) found my way to the parking garage but were cutting it really close to time for the show to start. As we made our way from the car to the Cellular Arena Abi was noticing that most of the little girls were in their princess dresses. She was wondering about that. Then we went in and there was every Disney princess toy imaginable on sale all around us. Almost all the kids had sparkly tiaras and light up spinny things.. Abi was getting really excited in the anticipation of what all this meant.
We heard the show being announced and Abi even said, "We've go to hurry! It's starting!" not knowing what was starting.
We were walking to our seat (luckily an easy one to get to) while Tinkerbell was skating around getting ready for the show. I had to pull Abi along once she saw her because she was in AWE.
Here she is after finally getting in her seat..
First up was Aladin. The sets are amazing and the costumes are great. They have scenes from the movies. It was so much fun and so theatrical.
Aladdin arriving on his elephant (make way for Prince Ali)
riding the magic carpet up to Jasmine on the balcony. Yes, they rode that thing around up in the air over the ice.
Next up was Sleeping Beauty.. (my second favorite) Abi was so excited. She loves the fairies. They had this dress form at the beginning that would flip over from pink to blue. So cool.
Then it was time for the Little Mermaid. Abi was SO excited for this one. I think it's her favorite. It was hard to get a good picture but everything was lit to make it look like underwater.

At first Ursula was just big but then toward the end this one came out and was HUGE!
Then there was Mulan. The girl behind us said, "Who's that?" when she first came out and Abi turned around, "It's Mulan!"
Next up: Snow White. The dwarves were so cute.
Getting tempted by the old hag with the apples.. they even had a big coffin with a glass lid at the end.
Then it was my personal favorite: Beauty and the Beast. Abi doesn't know this one too well yet.
Here's when the beast was turning back into the prince...

After Beauty and the Beast all of the princes and princesses came back out for a pretty cool little finale. I kept wondering "What about Cinderella?" thinking it was over.


but then Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy came out and fooled around and announced the intermission. What? It's long enough to have an intermission?
Abi wanted an icee and I thought it would be fun for her to have the cool souvenir cup to play with so that's what we did during intermission. Messy.
Then it started back up. Tinkerbell announced it again. And once again Abi got very excited. Who knew she would love Tinkerbell so much!
The royal guards..
Poor Cinderelly..

On her way to the ball in this really cool carriage..
So this is love..
Trying on the slipper...
The fairy godmother flying out across the ice. She did this a few times and Abi was amazed.
Then it was the real finale. All the princes and princesses came out in wedding attire for Cinderella and the Prince's wedding. The costumes were beautiful!





Tinkerbell... wishful or bored?

Abi afterward looking funny because the icee dyed her face! She loved it so much. She asked if we could go again next time they are here.
WORTH EVERY PENNY!

6 comments:

Katelin

That looks like a dream come true for a little girl. And something fun for the parents, too! Well, at least I think I'd enjoy it. I'm definitely going to have to watch for that. Super cute!

Seth and Julie

I had always wanted to go to Disney on Ice too and finally talked Seth into it about a year ago. I am not brave enough to go by myself. It scared the heck out of Alex since they were real people, and not cartoons but it was such a fun day.

The princess one must have been perfect for Abi. She looks so happy to be there, and to have that cute souvenir cup to take home to remember her special day with you.

How did Maddy do without you? That is always a big step to make that first baby-free outing, but I bet it made Abi feel like the most important little girl on earth.

Emily

Fun, fun, fun!! I would love to see that someday too. I love the pictures of Abi looking so happy! I think that Beauty and the Beast is probably my favorite also!

BreeAnn

It looks like you guys had a great time! I was able to take Kaili to this, ( well my dad bought us tickets) this year and she LOVED it as well! I thought it was quite good too!

The Kings

What fun!! That had to be so much fun! I can see why Abi was so excited! It made me excited just to see the photos.I found myself wanting to go watch a Disney movie...Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle! I wanna go next time, too!! (If that is okay with Abi...but I bet she just loved going with her Mom all by herself!).

Donna

So fun! I want to go and I'm an adult with no little girls!