CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The reason I blog

I enjoy blogging. I enjoy reading other people's blogs. I get a lot of ideas for crafts, decorating, parties, bringing up kids, cooking, gifts, etc... through blogs. I have re-connected and stay connected through blogs. But the number one reason I blog is so I don't forget the little and big things that happen every day.
Last night I was reminded of how this blog really helps me in that area. I wanted to look back at the Valentines chair backers I made last year because I need to make one for Madeline and while I was scrolling through February I found a post I wrote after a trip to McDonalds with Abi and her friend Alisse. You can read it here.
Basically she was playing in the toys and I started to hear kids talk about a little girl in the toys that was naked and it , of course, turned out to be Abi.
I was laughing so hard as I read that last night. I had COMPLETELY forgot about that. I mean, that is something I never thought I would forget and yet I did. I am so glad I blogged about that.
Those are the reasons that I make the effort to get on here and blog the small things, the big things, and the pointless things. I want to remember it all.

1 comments:

Seth and Julie

Amen. I have had plenty of people make fun of me for excessive blogging, but once I started I realized how many things I had been forgetting before I blogged. I don't care if other people tell me that they don't have time to blog, as though I were just lazier than they are. They can think what they want. I make time, because remembering the day to day is important to me.