So this last weeks movies were a little less exciting than the week before.
First up was Holiday inn which I thought I would love. It was okay. I got kind of bored with the musical numbers (and I love musicals!) and Doug and I both felt a little uncomfortable during the 'black face' routine. Like I said, I thought it was okay. At the end of the movie Doug said, " That movie was terrible." So it's obvious what he thought of it.

Year One:
Had some really funny moments but quite a lot of innuendos and swearing. I think some people would be offended by the religious content. It made us laugh but not one I'll watch again.

Night at the museum 2:
It was okay. I liked the first one better. We thought the best part of this whole movie was the beginning when Ben Stiller is arguing with the young guard and 'dismantles' the flashlight. I think it could have been a much better movie if that guy had been throughout the whole movie and they made it funnier.

Julie and Julia:
I liked it. There was an F bomb and some innuendo but for the most part I found it to be a fun and interesting film. It goes back and forth between the stories of Julia Childs becoming Julia Childs and a woman named Julie who starts a blog making every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook about french cooking in 365 days. Both parts are based on true stories.

Hopefully next week will offer some great movies.

















2 comments:
Those last two are on my list of movies to see!
Yeah I was a little disappointed with Julie & Julia I thought it would be better than what it was!
Post a Comment