CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas morn

Abi woke up at 6 but we had made a rule that we had to wait until 7 to go down so she and I played Barbies in her room for awhile.. which was actually really fun.

Another favorite tradition is that Santa leaves the kids a stuffed animal in their bed with them so they know he has been here when they wake up.
Abi got a little pink elephant

and Maddy got a cute little reindeer..

At seven I rushed down the stairs so I could capture Abi coming down. I think it's so funny that she has that head flashlight thing around her neck. It's Doug's and she loves it but I don't know why it made an appearance Christmas morning. She wore it almost all day.

She opened the Big one first which was the Loving Family Doll house.  When she opened it she said, "It's what I have been dreaming about!" She then said that about everything she opened!

After her Santa presents we opened stockings.


Then she opened Madeline's presents and stocking for her.


Then we opened the rest of the gifts under our tree from each other, friends, and family. Our friend Carrie sent these quilts for the girls.. a doll one for Abi and a big one for Maddy. They were amazing.


Madeline just kind of chilled in this chair watching all the fun.

Abi got a lot of books and was really excited to get her very own cookbook.

Also she was so happy to get some doll house furniture from Grandma and Grandpa. 

Doug and Abi setting it up

we also ate a lot of treats..

and snuggled some more...

and played A LOT!

the whole day went by really fast. I watched my new Harry Potter, Doug tried out his new headphones, and Madeline tried on her new camo's from Grandma and Grandpa while Abi played to her hearts content.


2 comments:

The Royals

Merry Christmas, Van Wagenen family! I got that book for Abi, because I noticed that she has been helping in the kitchen more. I hope you both enjoy it!

Seth and Julie

Looks like you had a super busy, but fabulous Christmas. I love the nightgowns you made with the little old fashioned caps. So cute!