CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

I love Christmas Eve and Christmas so they tend to be fun but this year was really amazing.
The kids were both happy and on their best behavior (for the most part- Madeline did have some normal baby fussy moments) and I was able to get a lot done.
I made sausage muffins (a family favorite we only have on special occasions) for breakfast..

tracked Santa all day on Norad..

made pizza for dinner..

hung out...

Doug brought up an old Lego castle from the basement and he and Abi spent most of the day building it and then she played with it the rest of the day..



we decorated the cookies for Santa



and since we were missing the Van Wagenen live nativity in Utah we put on our own Christmas program with scriptures, stories, and songs and used these new flannel board pictures Doug's mom (Grammy) sent. It was great.

One of my very favorite traditions growing up was getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve so we always do that but I have added that we also each get a new book.
I went with a red theme for the jammies this year since the girls nightgowns I made were red. I never know what book to get Doug since he isn't as big of a reader as I am but this year I decided to get him Digital Fortress by Dan Brown because he listened to it on CD and liked it plus I haven't read it and love his books so it's kind of for me too!

my jammies and book

I was so excited for Abi to open hers. She loved the nightgown and the bonnet I got her at Williamsburg. She got If you take a mouse to the movies and enjoyed that as well.

Madeline wasn't as thrilled with her nightgown, bonnet, and book.

We quickly changed into our jammies and took some pictures..


After Abi went to bed we watched The Nativity Story and spent some extra time with little Maddy.

Then I snuck down in the morning to make sure Santa came. He did!



1 comments:

BreeAnn

how fun! the night gowns you made were very cute,and I love the book tradition.