This little short one is just a funny one to me. Maddy LOVES jack in the boxes. I haven't bought one yet because I haven't seen one for under $20 and I don't want to spend that much on one. So, every time we are at the store we have to look at them. This was the first time she did it herself. I just taped the end to get her reaction when it pops out because she does that every time. It never gets old to her.
This one is really dark and hard to see. It is the video I took the other night when the girls were jumping onto the beanbag. I love listening to the laughter!
On Sunday Abi gave her first talk in Primary. She was so excited about it. I asked her some questions about the topic and then helped her to put those into a talk format and then added some more to it myself. I typed it out for her and then put it on the back of some pictures she liked. I wasn't sure if she could read the whole thing by herself but the first time she tried, she got almost every word right. We practiced a few times during the week and then Sunday was the big day.
I was nervous for her as I stood in the back of the room. Six months ago she wouldn't have been able to stand up there and her she was telling me she didn't even want any help!
I wondered if she would get nervous once she was actually up there and if she would need any help with any of it. I didn't need to be nervous!
She did it so well and the funniest thing happened. The kids in Primary were so quiet the entire time and when she was done a bunch of them started clapping!
So funny! I was so proud of her and so happy for her.
I promised my mom I would videotape her reading the talk but I can't get it to give me the embedding code for some reason, so for anyone who wants to hear it follow the link below to youtube....
Abi's talk
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
Abi did such a great job on her talk! I am not sure the kids expected so much confidence from one of the littler kids and she can read so well. I can't believe she hasn't even gone through Kindergarten yet.
I just watched the link and please tell Abi this..."Abi, you did such a wonderful job on your talk! You amaze me at how well you can read! Thank you for sharing your talk with me...and others! Will you read to me when you come to visit in August? I love you so much!" And Cheryl, thanks so much for sharing her talk! It was wonderful...and made my day!
Post a Comment