Friday, March 4, 2011
Blog Challenge day 19
Nicknames you have and why you have them:
I have a few...
Boo: this is shortened from Itsy Bitsy Boo boo Bear. Yes. It's true. That's what my mom always called me. I have no idea how that started or why. Mom, maybe you can shed some light on that in the comments?
Plum: This is what my dad calls me. Again, I have no idea why. Mom?
Spanky: This was a nickname in high school. Doug still calls me Spanky or Spanks sometimes. This started in a silly way. My friends and I used to draw pictures of frogs and other things all the time and every single time I would name them Spanky. I don't really remember exactly why but I thought it was funny. After about the 100th Spanky the paraplegic frog drawing they started calling me Spanky. Then it caught on. My family even started calling me Spanky as you can see in the ad they put in my yearbook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















6 comments:
M nickname growing up was boogie, but my family shortened it to Boo! So funny! I don't know if we've ever talked about it. Maybe.
Karen- I didn't know that! How funny. I knew the boogie but not the boo.
Good thing you explained because if I ever heard Doug call you Spanks without first knowing this I might feel a little embarrassed. Ha,Ha!
Is that picture of you? I am just staring at it and trying to figure it out. I guess it must be you but your hair is darker than I thought. Aren't you naturally blond? Also, I always think Abi is a spitting image of you, but I don't see her in that picture so now I am so confused. Cute picture though, and cute post.
Yeah it is me. I'm making a funny face because I had just lost my first teeth.
Maddy actually looks more like me when I was little than Abi does. Some pictures look like Abi though.
And yes, I was naturally blonde but not until I was older. My hair was quite dark when I was little.
It got darker in winter and natural highlights in summer.
But in high school it started getting lighter and lighter until it was blonde. It was kind of a dark blonde like Abi's.
Fun to read your blogs today! As for your nicknames...when you were little I just thought you were such a cute little "boo-boo bear" (don't know if that came from Yogi Bear cartoons??) and because you were my little one it evolved to "Itsy bitsy.....". As for Dad.. you were his little "sugar plum" and it got shortened to "plum"!
Love it! Spanky. I didn't have any nicknames growing up, but Mike is really into nicknames having several for me, each girl, and even the pets.
Post a Comment