CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Abi's late-over

For Abi's birthday party with friends we decided to do a late-over. She has become kind of obsessed with the idea of a slumber party but I wasn't sure if many of her friends would be allowed to have them, especially at their age so I suggested a late-over, telling her that we would do all the things we would do at a slumber party except the girls would go home to sleep. She was so excited.
The girls began arriving at 6:30pm all decked out in their cute jammies.

As soon as most of them were there (one girl had called to say she would be late) we got out the pizza and they began to watch Barbies 12 Dancing Princesses.

Our last girl arrived and I began putting rags in their hair while we watched the movie. All but two of them wanted them. It was so much fun. After each girl would get done they would run to the bathroom to see themselves and just start giggling.
Kaylee, Abi, Mimi, Alisse, Hailey, and Alissa

At this point we paused the movie to decorate cupcakes. I gave them each some frosting and Christmas sprinkles and let them do whatever they wanted to their cupcakes...


Then we put a candle in Abi's and sang Happy Birthday to her...

Abi then opened gifts from the girls. They all were so cute and excited about everything.



After gifts, we finished the movie and painted fingernails. Then Abi wanted to show them this little cat singing Jingle Bells on her Barbie's Christmas Carol movie. She thinks it is the funniest thing in the world so she couldn't wait to show them. Luckily they all found it as funny as she does...


Next we played Hello Kitty Twister...

It was about time for the girls to get picked up (9:30) so we gathered for a final group shot and then passed out their goodie bags (full of girlie stuff like nail polish and lip gloss along with some popcorn) and sent them home.

It was so much fun and although it was so easy and laid back with minimal preparation it was probably Abi's favorite friend party ever. She really wants to start having late-overs just for fun.
So, how did the rags work out?
Here is Abi's hair the next morning when I took them out...


We loved it! The curls stayed for two days.

7 comments:

BreeAnn

How fun! Looks like they all had a great time!

Seth and Julie

What a fun party! I love the rag curlers. What a fun touch. I noticed that Abi had curly hair one day at church and it looked so pretty. Jen said Mimi's came out cute too. I will have to try those.

Stephanie Cameron

It looks like Abi had so much fun! the rag curlers were a great touch... did you dampen their hair first? And Twister was super cute too. I'll have to remember this for one of Jane's down the road.

Cheryl

Stephanie- yes I did dampen the hair but not much. The instructions I read said to spray hair all over but I didn't have a spray thing so I just dipped my hand in water and dampened the ends of her hair a little. No product or anything before or after. It works great.

The Kings

What a fun party!! Abi and the girls definately looked like they were having fun! I love Abi's curls! Also, the cat on the DVD was funny...I can see why the girls laughed! I am so glad Abi had such a fun party!

The Royals

Her hair looks so cute! What a fun party!

LeShel

Those little girls are looking So grown up. How fun to do all manner of girl stuff.