CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Corey

It's official. My two biggest crushes when I was 13 have both died, both from drugs it seems.
This morning I found out that Corey Haim died.
Yes, he hasn't been on top of things for many years but it's still so sad to think of all these kids (technically he wasn't a kid anymore.. but he was when he got into drugs and stuff) with talent and potential that get into Hollywood and ruin their lives from drugs.
If you don't know who Corey Haim was- he was the cuter part of "The Corey's". The Coreys were Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. They appeared in many movies together- The Lost Boys, License to Drive, The Burbs, Dream a little Dream, etc... they were huge back then.
It was just a little reminder of all those years ago when my other crush died. River Phoenix unfortunately died when he was still young and at the top of his game. He had so much talent. He could really have done a lot with his life.... but once again drugs ruined someone. It's so sad.

3 comments:

The Kings

Yes, it is so sad. When I came on the computer the big headline was that Corey Haim had died from suspected drug overdose...and I thought "I bet that was one of Cheryl's favorites." It is so sad that people get caught up in the drug stuff. We have two young boys in our ward that are in jail now because of drugs. Their parents are leaving them in jail this time. They had been clean for awhile...one almost a year... and then slipped. Their poor parents are going through so much! I just wish young people could realize just what they are putting at stake by using a drug. Their whole life is shot after that. Even if they have a successful rehab they are never over the addiction...and it is such hard work to rehab and stay clean.

Seth and Julie

I find this young Hollywood overdose trend very tragic. I saw Corey Haim in an interview years ago and it was clear that he had irreparable damage from years of drug use. Keep your kids out of Hollywood...it is a scary place to be. They think they have it all when they are introduced to that lifestyle, but it comes at too great a cost.

Katie

It is pretty tragic, My closet doors were plastered with River Phoenix pictures when I was younger. He was my favorite and Corey Haim was definitely my favorite of the Corey's. It's such a shame, just an awful shame.

PS: If you do not want a sneak peek do not come by my blog tomorrow.