It probably won't change which one he picks (In fact I might not even tell him about it.. haha) but I'm curious.
So here they are in random order....
1) Madeline Victoria- Latin, means Victory/ winner/ conqueror, we like this name because Victoria British Columbia is one of our favorite places in the world... and we have never been there together.
2)Madeline Amelie- French, means Hardworking, we like this name because we love the French movie Amelie that won best foreign film a few years back.
3) Madeline Monet-French, means To Be Heard, we like the artist Monet and have my favorite of his paintings in our living room as well as it just sounds cool with Madeline.
4) Madeline Cosette- French, means Victorious People, Doug has always liked this name since he saw Les Mis. I have never seen it but want to and I like the name.
So, which is your favorite?

















6 comments:
Interesting choices. Alyssa was SO close to being Victoria so I LOVE that name. So pretty. We were going to call her Tori and forbid anyone from ever calling her Vicky.
Amelie just sounds so authentic with Madeline.
We had a couple in our old ward name their baby Alyssa a couple months after we had our Alyssa, and her middle name was Monet.
And Cosette...I have never known anyone in real life with that name but Seth LOVES it (also because of Les Mis). He always said he would name his first daughter Cosette. I wanted Madilyn and we somehow ended up choosing between Alyssa, Victoria and Cassidy(which I hate, sounds like quesadilla to me). Naming kids is hard.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those middle names. I like the idea of a French sounding middle name with Madeline. It just sounds right to me. I can't wait to hear what you choose and to see some pictures!
I like Amelie. How do you pronounce it?
Hey! I love all the names! If you go with Ameline, she would have the same initials as Mark! Which is cool.
If you go with Cosette, which is one of my favorites, Doug has a cousin with that name who might thing you are naming Madeline after her. (Doug may not remember that as she is older than we are - Mom's age)
And then Madeline Victoria Van Wagenen just sounds cool.
I like them all! I can't wait to see what he picks!
I'll be praying for you on Friday!!!
I think I like Monet and Victoria the best but they are all cute and sound good with Madeline! See you in a few days!!
I vote Cosette! Love it! Love the song from les Mis " there is a castle on a cloud..." Cosette sings it! Love it!
Those are all great middle names, but my favorite is Amelie!
Post a Comment