CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Ready or Not?

Realizing that one week from today I will be going in for my c-section gave me a little moment of panic. Everyone keeps asking if we are ready and my answer has been "yes" or " I think so". Now I'm asking myself " Are we really ready?"
I still think we are pretty much as ready as we can be. All of Abi's old baby clothes are washed and in the closet of Madeline's room. I even put the clothes in there all the way up to 18 months so I wouldn't have to do that again for a long time. The crib isn't put together but it's in the basement just waiting and the new mattress is hanging out by it. The bedding is washed and waiting to be put on. So what else do we need to do?
Mom has plane tickets to arrive the day before and stay for a few weeks. Check.
We have frozen dinners enough to get us through next week and through my hospital stay at least in the freezer. Check.
New monitor is purchased. Check.
Room is pretty much set up. Check.
So what's missing? I have no idea. It seems like something is but I just can't put my finger on it.
There are the little things we still need to get like a baby bath, perhaps a swing or walker, a cover for the boppy thing, diapers, a stroller, baby gate (although things like that can wait a while!)nursing pads, a mobile,etc.
There are still the little things I need to do like clean (never ending job), finish the sewing I wanted to get done (this may end up being put off until my mom is here), packing my bag for my hospital stay,etc..
But even with all those things it seems like we are ready so why am I panicking? Maybe you can just never really be ready for things like this. I don't know.
What did you do to get ready for babies?

7 comments:

Katelin

Don't worry--I'm sure you're more than ready. Good luck!! Everything will be great!

Seth and Julie

You're ready! There is just always going to be a little anxiousness involved when you are anticipating a new baby. I wasn't near as ready as you. I never had any dinners on deck or clothes ready. I did, however, clean the house like an obsessive lunatic. Don't worry about what is NOT ready, just get your arms ready to hold that baby. The rest will fall in to place. If it is any consolation, I thought the transition from 1 to 2 was the smoothest, although that could have just been me?

You'll be great. I am so excited for you. I love those first days with a new child. I am a little jealous...but NOT baby hungry.

Seth and Julie

Chloe keeps asking to see Abi's picture all the time and sometimes she kisses it. Funny, I didn't even know she knew her name.

The Kindle Family

Awesomeness! You are gonna have a blast with the new baby! You have way more things prepared than I did at the same point with Aubrey. It is nice having a planned cesarean. Mine was a week early, so I wasn't worried about going into labor.

Cannegieter

You are so ready girl!!! I started getting stuff together at 36 weeks because I had a feeling she was going to come early. It all set in that she was coming when I bought the diapers. I also had to make sure that I had her nightgowns. I love the ones that are long and can cover their hands.
I'm glad your Mom will be there to help. We'll be thinking of you on Friday! Can't wait to see pictures of her.

The Kings

You are ready and if there is anything that we find out you need I can help you with that! So don't worry (famous last words when you are about to become a new mother!). Probably being nervous has something to do with it. Whenever one has a major surgery it is scary but soon you will have a new precious little girl, Abi will have a new sister (it is easier with two!), and the Van Wagenen family will wonder what they ever did without little Madeline!! You are in my prayers each day and night and I know Heavenly Father will be watching over you and helping you. Doug will be with you and Abi and I will be waiting! And all the families on both sides will be thinking of you and praying for you. We are excited!

Donna

Oh wow, so your C-section is TOMORROW!! How exciting! She'll be here very soon.
I had Sam seven weeks ago and I went through the same thing with things getting done. I kept it as organized as I could with a checklist but there always seemed to be something else that needed to be done, even if I couldn't think of what it was. I think it's part of the nesting instict. You have all the important things taken care of. It's going to be great!!