CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Little Ladies Luncheon

We decided to do a little party for the little girls Abi's age... making it kind of like a little tea party. I had so much fun planning and cooking and decorating for it. I set up the table last night so that I would have less to do today. I used our name cards from a fancy party set we got at our wedding and made little hearts with candy necklaces around them. I let Abi pick which color she wanted. I thought she would pick pink or purple but she said she wanted yellow because yellow is her favorite color because her hair is yellow. Her favorite color changes every day.

One of my favorite things I did was the napkin rings. The set has these fancy silver napkin rings but I wanted to 'girly' them up so I cut little strips of scrapbook paper and taped it on and then put Valentines ribbon over that.

This was the food set up this morning...

They had the petit fours, sugar cookies,

strawberry and banana kabobs (on toothpicks), and heart PB sandwiches.

We decorated with a heart garland I made and added roses to the table as well as little favor boxes tied to each chair.

Abi was so excited!!

She just wandered around the table looking at everything while she waited for her guests to arrive.


I painted her nails right before the party started. She couldn't decide between light and dark pink so we did every other finger a different color.


Alissa was the first to arrive. Abi was so thrilled!! They played pet shops while they waited for the rest of the girls.


Alissa arrived soon and then Sara. Sara was the only other one that wanted her nails done. She sat there like this until they were dry. I was amazed! She is well trained in the art of nail polish!!

Then we made little tea time bonnets with tissue paper and felt flowers and feathers. As you can see, Abi was the only one that didn't want to make one.

Then the meal began. Abi ate more of her candy necklace than her food I think. They all seemed to enjoy it.

I then gave them each a little slushie treat. It was strawberry ice cream in Diet 7Up. I think it would have turned out cuter if I had used pink soda... but it still worked.


After lunch we cleared off the table and gave Abi a little gift. I had actually bought this for Easter because it can be an expensive game and I was able to get it for 5 bucks ... but I decided to give it to her early so they could play it at the party.

The Tea Party game!

As it goes, though, they were all too hyped up on a sugar high to sit and play it. I learned a valuable lesson today and that is to have ALL activities first and eat last. While the parents were arriving to pick up the girls Abi did get it out and start 'playing' it with Alissa though.

I think it was a really great party. Abi had a great time and was 'high' for many hours after.

10 comments:

Katelin

That is too cute--thank you so much! Sara's been talking about it all day!

The Kings

How adorable!! Your ideas were so cute! Gotta tell you...those little ladies must have had a great time! I am not a little lady and I sure would have!

The Royals

So very cute!

BreeAnn

so cute! Kaili would love to do something like that. I will have to copy you one day!

Seth and Julie

I totally wish I was Abi's age so I would have been invited. Valentines day is so cute and girly.

Heather

Alissa couldnt stop talking about it. She had so much fun. You really went all out! Thanks for your hard work!

Donna

I wish I could've gone! :)
I LOVE Abi's skirt!

Team Ryan

awww how fun!!!! Great job Cheryl!! Too cute-LOVE it!

Katie

Looks like a lot of fun and can I just say I love the polka dot skirt and hair ribbons!

I have been looking all over for that tea party game!

Cheryl

I got it at Barnes and Noble.