CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The funny things kids say....

Today was our turn to have play group at our house.. Abi was sooo excited. She wanted to play "Woo hoo" while she waited for them to arrive. When the kids were all there and playing she kept saying, "Let's play woo hoo" and they were looking at her like she was crazy as she showed them the box and they knew it was really called Cootie. It will forever be Woo hoo to us.

I got some fun dinosaur things from the library yesterday so I decided to have a little dinosaur craft for the kids to make. I thought these were pretty cute.

Toward the end of their time here I showed John the dinosaur lacing cards we have. He then sat on the beanbag for the rest of the time and "sewed" them. The funniest thing was when he first opened the box and started pulling them out he said, "These are A-mazing!"

At one point Gabe was playing in the kitchen area and pretending to be Batman. He picked up our red play phone and said, "Robin. I need you. I need you to help me... so if you want to help me you're welcome to come over here. Thanks Robin. Bye."

At lunch all 5 of them wanted to say the prayer so we had 5 prayers. I think the best one was John's as he didn't ask for anything but just said thank you for the food, for being able to play here, for his friends, and for "everything I do".

We had Macaroni and Cheese and as soon as Gabe saw it he said, "I love macaroni! This will make me so powerful!" John and Alex didn't miss a beat and both exclaimed, "Me too!"

Tonight as Abi was listening to her relaxation tape at bedtime, her eyes shut tightly, breathing deeply, the lady says "think of a place you would like to go" and Abi says, "McDonalds!"

3 comments:

Kristina P.

Kids are so inventive and funny!

Katelin's family

5 prayers--love it! Yeah, my kids had a ball, so thanks so much! I'll have to copy some of this to my blog, if that's okay.

The Kings

What a fun play date! I love the comments you made on the things Gabe,John, and later Abi said!