At the beginning of the summer I gave Abi a challenge to read 100 books over the summer. They had to be chapter books over 60 pages. I bought some book journals in the dollar section at Target and after reading each book she had to fill out a page about it.
Then we would hang a piece of paper with the book title onto our book chain.
Every ten books she got to pick a small prize out of a basket. They were usually pencils, stickers,
When she reached 100 she was able to pick out a bigger prize.
Here she is (the day after the art show) with her book chain of 100 books and her prize. She picked the My Little Pony Equestria Girl Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer doll set.

















4 comments:
Wow! Good job Abi! People always say I read a lot and I have only read half so many books ALL YEAR! 100 in one summer is a huge accomplishment.
That is a lot of books! So proud of you, Abi!! I can tell you are happy about the "grand prize"!
Yay, Abi!!!
I was very proud of her. It got down to the last few days and I wasn't sure if she was going to make it and then she spent a couple of days reading all day so she could do it.
Very proud of her!
Post a Comment