This year I was able to go to the Young Women Broadcast with my sisters-in-law Wendy and Samantha. We were so glad to be able to go and support Doug's mom Christine knowing that this would be the last time while she was on the board.
It was also probably the last time we will ever get the special privileges that come along with having a family member involved.
First we got to go into another part of the conference building to a special devotional before the broadcast with the presiding bishop Brother Stevenson.
Then it was time for the broadcast. We walked in through some back doors right up by the podium area and wow was it impressive to walk in to that place. It is amazing.
It was so great to be so close and to be able to enjoy this wonderful meeting. I love President Uchtdorf and I especially loved his talk.
I got this shot with Doug's mom on the right in the yellow.
Afterward we met up with my sister and nieces by the temple to say hello....
After that we met Christine at Little America to eat. It was a wonderful night!
And a little side note:
For any of you that watch Survivor you will know who Dawn is. She is on the current season and was on one before. She is an LDS woman. So, while we were waiting by the temple she is all of a sudden right in front of me. I knew I knew her but it didn't hit me right away how. So I touched her shoulder. Yes, I really did. Me. The girl who isn't touchy. And I excitedly said, "HI!"
Then I realized what I was doing. She looked a little confused and said hello back as she and her group walked by. I realized how I knew her and that I really didn't 'know' her. I stuttered, "I am a fan of the show...."
Wow. Did I feel dumb. But, hey it was still cool.


















3 comments:
Glad you got to have such an awesome experience!
How cool to be there, especially since your mom in law was involved. I am also cracking up that you touched that woman before you could even place where you knew her from. Hilarious!
"I am like, your biggest fan, I love your show". Hahahaha! That's awesome, Cheryl. We saw one of the dudes from Big Brother at Disneyland. Brent did about the same thing as you.
Post a Comment