CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christkindlmarket

Every year I have wanted to go to the Christkindlmarktet in Chicago at Christmas time but it has never worked out. This year since my mom was going to be visiting while it was going on we decided we had to go. It was past lunch so we all got yummy pretzels. The girls got plain salted ones.

My mom and I got jalapeno ones. They were awesome and warm on a cold day.
The market was so much fun. It was smaller than I imagined and there were some vendors that were local but most of the coolest ones were from Germany. I loved listening to the people speak German and with their German accents. 




My mom bought an awesome Nutcracker and some ornaments from this Dresden Germany vendor. 
I bought a Gingerbread Santa that we will enjoy another day.
It even snowed a bit while we were there and we all really had a great time.
On the way back to our car we passed Macy's and had to stop to get a picture of the horns and one of the window displays.

It's hard to see but there is the Gingerbread Santa...

2 comments:

Seth and Julie

I haven't even heard of this. It will have to go on my Chicago to do list. Looks fun! I love the shop windows all dolled up for the holidays and that pretzel looks mouth wateringly good right now.

The Kings

So much fun! thanks for the memories!