First, I saw this idea on Pinterest of making dolls out of popsicle sticks and washi tape. I thought it was adorable and a really good way to give Maddy something she will like but won't take up a lot of room.
This is what I came up with....
They were really fun to make so I started brainstorming what else I could make. I decided to do another set but this time they would be Disney princesses. I didn't use any of the tape this time. Just markers.
In order: Jane, Ariel, Belle, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Snow White, Aurora, Alice, Tinkerbell, Tiana, Cinderella, and Brave.
They didn't all turn out exactly how I wanted but I think they are really cute.
Abi loved watching me make them and decided to make some of her own. She came out of her room a few minutes later with these...
I also started on Halloween costumes. I let Maddy pick from my Pinterest board and was so happy that she picked the scarecrow. I took my inspiration from this idea.
I couldn't figure out how to make the hat so I decided to just get a straw hat and sew some felt on it. It was a long process but I watched Doctor Who while I did it so it was fun!
Here is a picture mid process...
and the finished hat...

















3 comments:
Those dolls are so cute and would be perfect for sacrament meeting toys...maybe you could even make some scripture heroes. Love the hat too..creative solution.
Julie- you are a genius! I was thinking they would be good for church as well but I hadn't even thought of doing scripture heroes. That is a great idea!
Adorable stick people!! Those will be great "on-the-go" toys to take to church, trips, etc.
Post a Comment